Safety is of fundamental importance to us as evident at all levels of operations from our National Sailing Plan, National School Plan, Operating and maintenance protocols, training, teaching and rescue drills to our role as national sailing adviser for Vietnam Canoeing Rowing Sailing Federation. An excellent track record for safety across 45 years of coaching.
Groupama insurance covers our boats and please see our medical waiver. First Aid boxes with CPR equipment and fire extinguishers are in the event room and on rescue boats. Family Medical Practice gives 24 hour cover in a range of languages.
The 24 hour Family medical centre provides additional support.
Ratios of instructors to students is maximum 1:6 and ratio of rescue boats to dinghies is 1:6.
- Check wind and water conditions
- Fill out registration and waiver forms
- Always wear a life jacket when sailing
- Drink plenty of water before going sailing or take a bottle with you
- Don’t forget sunscreen (with jellyfish protection if appropriate)
- Lock-up personal belongings
- Swim test (swim 25m wearing a life jacket)
- Check your boat
- Review safety signals
- Sail within designated sailing areas (500m off shore)
- Have fun sailing!!