MANTA SAIL TRAINING CENTRE
|ACRONYMS FFV – Federation Francaise de Voile
ISAF – International Sailing Federation
RYA – Royal Yachting Association
Insurance Liability Waiver
MANTA is committed to conducting its programs and activities in the safest manner possible and holds the well-being of participants in the highest possible regard. Participants and parents must recognize, however, there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to take part in sailing activitieso. MANTA continually strives to reduce such risks and insists all participants follow safety rules and instructions designed to protect participant’s safety. Please recognize MANTA does not carry any form of insurance cover for accidents or property or others as this would render the program fees prohibitive (if available for the new sport of sailing in Vietnam). Absence of insurance does not make MANTA Sail Training Centre automatically responsible for payment of any medical expenses.
Due to the absence of appropriate insurance for dinghy sailing in Vietnam, execution of the following Waiver and Release is required. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Please read this form carefully and be aware that in participating in the sailing, you will be waiving and releasing all claims for injuries you might sustain arising out of the activities of the program.
Waiver and release of all claims
As a participant (or as a parent/guardian of participant under age 18),
- I, the undersigned, recognize and acknowledge there are certain inherent hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution, instruction, or experience can totally eliminate and that serious accidents occasionally occur during sailing activities and that participants in these activities occasionally sustain serious personal injuries and/or property damage as a consequence thereof. Knowing the risks of this, I agree to accept and assume all risk of death or personal injury sustained while participating in MANTA activities whether or not caused by the negligence of the released parties mentioned below.
- I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the following and their families (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘released parties’):- officers, agents, directors, board members, employees, volunteers, owners and lessees of the premises, on which any sailing classes, events, programs, training and practice take place for MANTA activities, from all liability, claims, demands, damages or causes of actions that I may hereafter have for injuries, disability, death or damages arising out of my participation in MANTA activities, including but not limited to, losses caused by the negligence of the released parties.
- I further agree I shall not sue or make a claim against the released parties for damages or others losses sustained as a result of my participation in MANTA activities.
- I also agree to indemnify and hold the released parties harmless from all claims, and judgments and cost, including attorney fees, incurred in connection with any action brought as a result of my participation in MANTA activities.
- I shall take full responsibilities for, and hold harmless released parties for any injury that I may suffer or inflict upon otherss or their property.
- I agree to operate MANTA equipment in a reasonable and safe manner so as not to endanger the lives or persons or property of individuals.
- I accept that any equipment I rent is my responsibility. If I break or loose it I shall pay for the repair or the replacement of it at current retail price. I have checked and agree that the equipment is in good condition and free from any damage or defects.
- I further release all officials, professional personnel and any others person from any claim whatsoever on account of first aid, treatment, or services rendered during MANTA activities.
- I have/do not have? medical insurance to cover for any injury or others loss which may result from participating in MANTA activities.
- I have no health or physical limitations or condition which will interfere with any MANTA activities or cause me to be more susceptible to injury than the average person, others than what is listed below with the treatment required (please list if any).
- In the event of emergency, I authorize MANTA officials to secure from any hospital, physician and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for immediate care and agree that I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services required.
- I have read this release of liability, waiver of legal rights and assumption of risk, fully understand its content and sign it of my own free will.
This release contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto, which the undersigned have carefully read, understand, and sign of their own free will, knowing the terms of this release are contractual and not a mere recital.